Displaying 1-3 of 3 result(s).
What is PHP?
- PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
- PHP scripts are executed on the server.
- PHP is free to download and used.
- Use PHP by inserting php code inside the HTML that makes up you website.
What can PHP do?
- Anything. PHP is mainly focused on server-side scripting, so you can do anything any other CGI program can do, such as collect form data, generate dynamic page content, or send and receive cookies. But PHP can do much more.
- With PHP you are not limited to output HTML, PHP’s abilities includes outputting images, PDF files and even Flash moving generated on the fly. You can also output easily any text, such as XHTAT and any other XML file. PHP can autogenerated these files, and save them in the file system, inserted of printing it out, formatting a server-side cache for your dynamic content.
What is PHP file?
- PHP is a scripting language that is often used to develop a variety of web pages and internet applications. Files that have the .php extension can contain text, HTML tags and scripts. These files are processed by a remote server and are then returned to the user’s web browser as plain HTML.
- Oftentimes web pages will use PHP files in order to process their online forms or to access information from an online database. For example, when you sing up for a mailing list or submit contact details to a website, you may be doing so via a PHP scripting form.